A flawed process cannot be fixed by technology!
An upgrade in technology won’t solve the issue on its own when corporate leadership is lacking or when sales suffer as a result of marketing that is out of touch with consumers and markets.
Traditional SEO services and enterprise SEO may be comparable, but they are not the same. The impact could seem minimal if you judge them using the same standard and ignore corporate strategy, processes, and workflows.
Let’s now examine the main issues that are specific to corporate organizations and see how effective SEO may address them.
Having bad data can be fatal.
When SEO professionals offer adjustments based on scant information, their recommendations are seen as extra “costs” rather than as fantastic chances to grow the company.
clever data analysis is uncommon
A limited, rigid budget makes it impossible to conduct in-depth keyword research, which is confined to gathering high search traffic terms.
Hidden opportunities and underutilized resources can be found by performing a thorough study of search data that is segmented by ecommerce category and subcategory.
Missing data is a frustrating issue.
When data is lacking, you can only draw an unreliable image of the world.
Three other significant issues that plague e-commerce firm SEO include:
People: Cross-functional teams rarely have goals, objectives, and projects that are in alignment. Poor decisions made in response to bad facts are where the problem starts. The execution is hampered by a lack of analysis. This ultimately harms business objectives and financial KPIs.
However, if data is kept separate and in silos:
- Duplication of effort reduces output.
- Effective collaboration is hampered.
Roles and duties are not clearly defined.
- People start acting in accordance with their feelings.
- Deliverables now take precedence over business objectives.
- Incorrect priorities have been set.
- Platforms and technology are prioritized before business KPIs.
Business and sales processes: Rather than business needs, business processes frequently depend on technology, systems, features, and IT. Better data quality, comprehensive datasets, and deep and wide data for all categories are all desirable.
- Internal efforts from different departments.
- Collaboration between teams and experts.
- Strong leadership to steer everything.
An SEO plan won’t be as effective as it may be if it is based on faulty or missing data. Therefore, the company’s financial KPIs will perform below expectations.
- Team collaboration is lacking.
- The alignment of the processes is incorrect.
- Objectives get divorced from overarching corporate priorities.
- Inadequate measurement results in missed opportunities.
- Boards fail to seize opportunities (or fail to intervene promptly).
- Leaders don’t identify particular demands that need to be met.
- Role-based specialists have difficulty adding value.
Steps to take for e-commerce SEO:
- Don’t reinvent the wheel; instead, provide individuals with a process, procedures, and technology that enables workflow optimization.
- The business-critical relevance of enterprise ecommerce SEO should be understood by you as a business owner and investor, and you should accept any necessary adjustments that result in improvement.
- We play a critical role in the adoption of a process that achieves the highest priority business goals as process-oriented SEO consultants, marketers, sales, and e-commerce experts.
- The syndrome of shiny objects exists. Additionally, it hurts business. Start with the fundamentals. KPIs that are essential to the business require our focus. Avoid having a “tools perspective.”
- The business may be transformed through revamping a platform, website redesign, and digital transformation practices.
But unless the principles are solidly in place, they won’t succeed. Remember,
Technology and digital transformation alone cannot fix the root cause of the problem: a bad process.